Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Why settle for Just a piece of sky?

A very important song to me.
Sung by grande Barbra Streisand in "Yentl" - a beautiful movie about a very brave girl who dared follow her dreams.
I love playing it again every now and then.
Were the Bergmans looking at my life while writing the lyrics?!


[...] It all began the day I found That from my window
I could only see A piece of sky. [...]
[...] Though it's safer to stay on the ground,
Sometimes where danger lies
There the sweetest of pleasures are found.
No matter where I go-
There'll be mem'ries that tug at my sleeve [...]
[...] Each mile I travel only means The more I have to go.
What's wrong with wanting more? If you can fly - then soar!
With all there is - why settle for Just a piece of sky?

Thank you, Barbra! Thank you, Michel Legrand! Thank you, Alan and Marylin Bergman!
To see Barbra's performance of "Papa, can you hear me?" in "Yentl", go 


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment