Thursday, July 26, 2012

Mariza - la classe, quoi! :)

photo:rac105.cat

Every time I listen to Mariza, I wonder if she is a human being...
Her voice and her interpretations are out of this world.
She is a real mix. Her father is Portuguese but her mother's African heritage must have inspired young Mariza to look for sounds and ideas beyond Cabo da Roca. 
And the influence is significant. On the one hand, her fado is classicly correct (Amalia Rodrigues-like), on the other nobody sings it the way she does.
What's more Mariza chooses well instrumentalists who only add more perfection.  










Fado is sad by default:) but here is a bit more cheerful piece. It is a tribute to Mariza's African grandmother. This clip is part of Carlos Saura's "Fados" - a film which is a must for all fado lovers!






"Como posso dizer que o amor é cego se te amei por um olhar."
How can I say that love is blind since I fell in love with you when I saw you.

No comments:

Post a Comment